The 2024 Governors Ball Line Up

Excitement builds as students anticipate memorable performances in this year’s festival.
Crowds fill Queen’s Flushing Meadows Corona Park at the 2023 Governors Ball
COURTESY OF COLT CHRONICLES

As the school year comes to a close, the Governors Ball Music Festival is back in full swing for 2024, promising an unforgettable experience for students and music lovers alike. Only a train ride away from Mamaroneck, in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, this year’s lineup is a refreshing mix of established headliners and curious newcomers across various musical genres.

Leading the pack are renowned performers Post Malone, SZA, and The Killers; ready to deliver a weekend of memorable performances and fun. Joining them are a diverse lineup of artists including Peso Pluma, Rauw Alejandro, Farruko, 21 Savage, Dominic Fike, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Reneé Rapp from the new Mean Girls movie.

Making their debut at Governors Ball are performers such as Victoria Monét, Goth Babe, Alex G, Jessie Murph, Teezo Touchdown, Tyla, and Kevin Abstract. Along with them are more recent breakout artists; such as Tyla, Faye Webster, Sexxy Red, and Labrinth—well known for his soundtrack on HBO’s Euphoria. Also for the first time, indie band TV Girl will be performing. Well known for their hit album Who Really Cares, TV Girl has become popular among MHS students. Eva Ilieva (’26) mentions how “the band is a unique blend of indie pop and electronic that a lot of audiences can enjoy.” 

However, students are undoubtedly most excited for the Grammy-winning, R&B sensation SZA. Known for her stunning vocals and storytelling, her recent success is clear in her album SOS; containing hits such as “Kill Bill” and “Good Days.” Her tour has been a massive success globally, with many MHS attendees. Lulu Fernandez (’26) says, “her song ‘All the Stars’ from the Black Panther movie has been in my playlist recently,” shedding light upon the popularity SZA holds within the MHS community.  

While the festival’s food lineup is yet to be revealed, attendees can expect NYC local favorites. Last year featured offerings from Queens Night Market sellers and iconic establishments like Big Mozz, The Halal Guys, and Roberta’s Pizza, adding to the festival’s vibrant atmosphere.

Ticket options include 2-day bundles for customizable festival experiences and Ultimate tickets offering ultra-premium amenities including access to backstage, cabanas, and an all-inclusive buffet. As always, the festival is Friday through Sunday—allowing students to take advantage of the weekend to attend and escape from their end-of-year academic load. Additionally, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards Jr. expressed his enthusiasm for the event, highlighting its positive impact on Queens’ economy and community growth through partnerships with local nonprofits (Variety).

With over 60 bands performing on three stages, this year’s Governors Ball is sure to deliver a dynamic and lively atmosphere, where students can expect to find an artist that specializes in their favorite music genres.